Involvement in High School Sport Teams demands a high degree of commitment.
The following guidelines outline the selection process and expectations for athletes representing WAB.
- Players from grades 9 – 12 will attend tryout sessions for the week prior to the commencement of the season.
- At the end of the tryout period, the team coaches will select playing squads and students will be notified as to their status.
- Varsity Boys and Girls teams will be selected.
- Junior Varsity Boys and Girls teams will be selected
- Selection to the squad will be based on:
- Skill level
- Numbers on the playing squads will reflect the ISAC (International Schools Athletic Conference), ACAMIS (Association of China and Mongolia International Schools) and APAC (Asia Pacific Activities Conference) limits
Team selection to represent WAB in ACAMIS and APAC competition
As a member of ACAMIS (Association of China and Mongolia International Schools) and APAC (Asia Pacific Activities Conference), students will have the opportunity to participate in events throughout mainland China and beyond to Hong Kong, Korea, Japan, Vietnam and the Philippines.
WAB representative teams to ACAMIS and APAC tournaments will be selected based on:
- Commitment to home-stay visiting students for WAB hosted events.
- Attendance records to practices and games.
- Commitment during practices, cooperation and effort during the season.
- Skill level.
WAB Traveling Teams
Students chosen to participate in an away event will be required to fund the cost of flights and personal expenses for the trip.